Saturday, November 12, 2011

Räikkönen still has hunger for rally


How is it Kimi Räikkönen, would it be time for podiums next year if your career would happen to continue in WRC?

- The top of five goes fast but I guess I would develop if I would still drive for one more season. It's difficult to say what results I would achieve. I guess the level would go up and the speed would go forward, Räikkönen speculated in the service park in Builth Wells.

- We have improved all the time. It's important. If I would want to drive the same speed as the top, then I would have to test a lot and drive all the time. Yet we haven't gone into this so that we would be driving with the taste of blood in the mouth, Räikkönen reminds.

- I do everything I can but I have to know myself where we are. It's not wise to go and do something stupid, Räikkönen describes his rally speed.

No disappointment, own fault

- Muddy braking in downhill, from where the car slided into a soft bank. The driving line was wide and there was too much mud, Räikkönen thinks.

Räikkönen and Kaj Lindström got the car back on the road with the help of spectators, but the journey ended quickly. The power transmission got too severe hits in the off, so it wasn't possible to continue.

- It doesn't disappoint me, my own fault, Räikkönen said.

Nothing new from F1

-There are no contracts or plans for next season, Räikkönen says.

Then is it possible that your career continues in rally next season?

-Of course. I have enjoyed myself here.

MTV3-STT


Courtesy: Nicole

No comments: