Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Lotus-Renault will bring Räikkönen back to F1-tracks


Lotus-Renault published on Tuesday morning at 9 a.m. Finnish time that they had made a two-year deal with Finnish F1-champion Kimi Räikkönen. This way the crew at Enstone factory ensured that next year there will be driving six world champions in F1.

– I am happy to be back on F1-track after two years. I am grateful to Lotus-Renault for the chance they offered to come back to the racing tracks.

– My time in WRC was a useful experience in my career as a racing driver. But I can't deny that my will to go back to F1-driving had become unbearable, Räikkönen said in the team announcement.

– It was easy to choose Lotus-Renault. It's an ambitious team which wants to develop further. I am waiting with interest to start working with them in order to help them get more up in the F1-serie, Räikkönen said.

Gerard Lopez welcomed the world champion with open arms.

– All this time I have been assured that our team is at the beginning of a new era and we will work hard to get up to the highest level.

– Kimi's decision to come back to the F1-tracks with us, is a first big push for new development steps in order for us to become an even tougher challenger in this sport.

– On behalf of the whole Lotus-Renault personnel I welcome Kimi to the house, Lopez said.

Turun Sanomat

HEIKKI KULTA

Courtesy: Nicole

No comments: