Monday, October 11, 2010

The Vettel Diaries: 'All in a day's work'

Sebastian Vettel enjoyed a day of firsts as he secured pole position, victory and won the Japanese Grand Prix for a second time. He tells us all about it in his latest blog...

'Having qualifying and the race on the same day is a special day, but finishing up first in both is truly amazing.

Today marked another first for me, as it is the first time that I have won a race two years in a row. So this Sunday really was beyond perfect.

Today was just great fun for me. Especially from that point on that the car was lighter and I felt like flying over the track. I felt pure joy.

The start was of course decisive and the long safety car phase put me in control. Everything was really solid and I tried to keep a constant gap to the drivers behind me and to be easy on my tyres.

After a great race I was could celebrate a second time as I crossed the finish line. That was a great moment.

Focusing on the championship, I think that everything can happen, but I won't waste my time thinking about all thee "what ifs", I will continue to focus on the next races and give my best.

Before I go: I want to thank my team for this victorious weekend. I hope we can go on like this. Thank you for all your hard work!'

Sebastian

Source: RedBull

No comments: