Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Vettel Diaries: 'It's all about keeping on track'

Sebastian Vettel arrives in Yeongam-Gun for the first ever Korean Formula One Grand Prix with plenty on his mind. But as the young German explains in his blog, he's doing his best to keep his mind off the championship chase by focussing on performing at his best this weekend

'We finally arrived in South Korea and I can already feel that this race is going to be special. Coming here with a victory in the last race gives me a real lift, especially after the crazy weekend that we had in Suzuka. Having qualification and the race on one day was a really big challenge.

I decided to remain in Asia after the last race. Travelling back and forth all the time can weaken you and adjusting to the different time zones can be tough. So I stayed put and focused on my training – I really hope that it was worth it.

As for the championship, I am trying not to think about it too much. It doesn’t do you any good to think about all the different scenarios and things that can happen. The most important thing is to stay on top at the end of the season. Until then – anything is possible.

I’d like to say a bit about South Korea itself, which is that I just wish I could see more of this country. Since I’ve got here, I’ve only really seen the inside of my hotel room and the race track. But our hotel is a real find, though as it's just two kilometres from the korean International Circuit.

The track itself looks great. At the beginning, we didn’t know what to expect, but from what I’ve seen so far I can say that everything looks fine. Some turns look really interesting and I think it will be a lot fun to drive here.

One slight worry was that while I was walking around on the circuit, I found a nail lying on the middle of the track. Hopefully it was the only one.'

Sebastian

Source: RedBull

No comments: