Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Alonso's Blog: First impressions are positive


I arrived in Seoul last night and this morning I set off for Yeongam, the venue for the first ever Korean Grand Prix. After lunch I popped up to the circuit because I wanted to see for myself what the track was like. I have to say the first impressions are positive. First off, there are no big surprises as what we saw on the simulator over the past weeks and the reality of it have a lot in common. It seems to be a very interesting circuit, which should be fun to drive, especially the final sector. What track is it similar to? It’s a mix of various ones. The first sector reminds me a lot of Bahrain: long straights with heavy braking that lead into 180 degree turns. The second is similar to Turkey, especially Turn 11 which makes you think of Turn 8 in Istanbul, while the final one is similar to the third sector in Abu Dhabi.

When you arrive at a new circuit, you are even keener than usual to get on with the driving, so the two days that still separate us from the time to do the first lap on Friday morning will seem very long. I think we could be in for a spectacular race: there are at least a couple of places were overtaking seems possible, especially under braking for Turn 3 which comes at the end of a straight that is over a kilometre in length. There should be plenty of action there on the opening lap of the race, more than we will see at the start.

Yesterday night I managed to watch Real Madrid play in the Champions League and I was pleased with what I saw as 2-0 against Milan is a really good result.


Source: Alonso's Blog - Ferrari.com

No comments: