Saturday, October 23, 2010

Massa unhappy with sixth on the grid


Felipe Massa was far from happy with qualifying sixth on the grid for the Korean Grand Prix.

Starting from the dirtier side of the grid for Sunday's race, it means the Brazilian will be hard pushed to make ground on the leaders and help team-mate Fernando Alonso out in his quest for the drivers' title.

"I am not happy, especially because sixth place means I have to start on the less clean side of the grid, which is a major handicap on a surface as dirty as this one," said Massa. "I was very pleased at the end of Q2, because the car was more competitive than yesterday and I thought I could fight for a top place.

"Unfortunately, I had a bit of traffic on the only run I did in Q3 on my last set of new soft tyres: a shame because the car was going well, but I was not able to get the most out of it.

"The situation in terms of grip has improved, even with the harder tyres and I expect that trend to continue tomorrow. I am expecting to have a very tough race. It it was to rain it could be even more slippery than usual, given the condition of the track surface."

Source: ESPNF1

No comments: