Thursday, October 21, 2010

Kimi Räikkönen Press Conference at Rally RACC Spain 2010



Q:Kimi, we believe you won’t be starting the event here in Spain after an accident on the shakedown stage, can you tell us what happened?
KR:I touched the bank a little bit, the car jumped on the roof and [hit] the bank. It bent the roll cage and that’s it.

Q:How far into the stage were you?
KR:It was just before the tarmac starts.

Q:There’s damage to the car and you can’t start…
KR:That’s the rules. Nothing we can do.

Q:What did you think of the stages?
KR: I thought, from what I saw on the video, they are more straight and fast, but when I got here for the recce they were twisty with a lot of corners, that’s all we see. Now I go and do something else this weekend.

Q:What are your plans for the weekend? Will you stay around and support the guys?
KR:I think I’ll go back to Switzerland.

Q:What about the future? Is there any news yet?
KR:Unfortunately, not yet. There are some options and, for sure, I have to chose very quickly and chose the right one for myself. I haven’t done anything yet. I want to find some good way for the future.

Q:Has what happened here put you off rallying?
KR:Not really. Okay it has happened two times, but I knew that before the season. It hurts more that we can’t do the rally. And for the team, but there’s nothing I can do. It doesn’t change anything. I knew it would be difficult. I still enjoy it, I was look forward to this rally, but it will not happen.

Q:Will you have a decision about your future before Rally GB?
KR:I have to do it at some point, there’s always a timeframe for everything. I hope we get sorted by the end of the season, but I can’t promise anything.

Source: FIA - WRC

No comments: