Friday, September 24, 2010

Raikkonen in 'no rush' to decide future

Kimi Raikkonen insists he still has not decided whether or not to stay in the world rally championship next year.

The 2007 world champion left Formula One at the end of last season despite remaining under lucrative contract to Ferrari, and has since been driving full time for Red Bull-sponsored Citroen.

But in recent days he has been linked with a return to F1 next year with Renault, and the WRC's official website wrc.com said a sabbatical or a renewed tenure in rallying are also possibilities for the Finn in 2011.

"I'm enjoying it (rallying) so far," he is quoted as saying on Friday, "but I've not made up my mind what I'm doing yet.

"Quite soon I hope I will know but there is no rush," added the 30-year-old.

Source: Motorsport

No comments: