Sunday, September 19, 2010

Heidfeld excited at F1 return

Nick Heidfeld has expressed his excitement at getting back into Formula One, especially with the first race back being the Singapore Grand Prix.

"I can't wait to get back in the race car," said Heidfeld. "I'm not just very much looking forward to going racing again, as I regard it as a special bonus that my first race will be the Singapore Grand Prix. Two years ago this race immediately became one of my favourites."

Sauber has turned to Heidfeld as the replacement for Pedro de la Rosa for the remainder of the 2010 season and he is expecting the car to perform well this weekend.

"Of course I can hardly imagine how the circuit will suit the car as I haven't driven it yet, but according to everything I saw and from what I have heard, the performance should be better in Singapore compared to Monza. Another positive thing is we found out I probably can use my seat from last year.

"This does not only save a lot of work, but it also gives me a good feeling because it was a very good seat and normally you have to do a lot of fine tuning until it fits that well. I'm also very much looking forward to really getting to know James Key and my team-mate, Kamui [Kobayashi], and working with both of them."

Source: ESPNF1

No comments: