Monday, August 30, 2010

Vettel Diaries: Lots of clouds, not many silver linings

Murphy’s Law was vigorously in force for Sebastian Vettel as anything that could go wrong went wrong for the young Red Bull Racing driver at Sunday’s Belgian Grand Prix. But he's still looking on the bright side. We catch up with his blog...

'What a race. It's just a real pity that mine went the way it did, especially after I made such a good start.

When the rain started to fall for the second time I was optimistic I could make up a few places but I had some problems with my tyre, and it was all over.

The situation with Jenson was really stupid and my fault. I tried to overtake him and lost the car on a bump.

There was just no way I could hold the car and I collided with him. I ended his race and I had to go to the pit. But it was totally unintentional. Obviously I'm not proud of it and I'm sorry for him.

Looking at the championship, I know that it's going to get a bit harder than we thought. We could have scored some more points, but we now need to focus on what's ahead of us. Our car is still very fast and we have a few more races to go to the end of the season.

Being 31 points short might sound a lot, but I won't give up. Last year, there was a huge gap in the title race and I almost made it.

So there's no reason to hide in shame. We had a good example in the German Bundesliga this week: FSV Mainz played Wolfsburg on Saturday and came back from
3-nil down to win 4-3. That's the kind of attitude that I need now. To never give up, no matter how bad the situation might look.

Speak you in Monza!'

Sebastian

Source: RedBull

No comments: