Sunday, August 29, 2010

Schumi: Reasonably happy with Spa result

Michael Schumacher says 'seven' seems to be his number at Spa as he achieved a P7 on his debut in 1991 and a P7 on his return on Sunday

The Spa-Francorchamps circuit has many fond memories for Schumacher, starting with the very beginning on his Formula One career in 1991 when he shocked the world by qualifying in seventh place in his debut grand prix with Jordan.

Now, almost two decades later, it was another P7 for Schumacher in Belgium, although this time in a race, as the German came from 21st place on the grid to finish in the points on Sunday afternoon.

"I am reasonably happy with today's race, especially for the team," said the seven-time World Champion.

"Coming where Nico (Rosberg) and I started, I think we can all be pleased with the result, sixth and seventh places from 14th and 21st on the grid is not too bad, and it is important points for the Constructors' Championship.

"For some reason, the number seven is somehow connected with me in Spa, so there is a further special feeling here."

But, he concedes that "without the weather being even crazier, we could not have achieved more today in my view."

However, Schumacher's first race at Spa since coming back from retirement wasn't without incident, although most of those were between himself and his team-mate Rosberg.

"I 'met' Nico twice out on the track today," he said. "The first time, I had the better go in a nice racing duel and the second time was right after the re-start where I had to lift a little up into Eau Rouge due to the car in front which Nico used to fly past me.

"All in all, Spa turned out to be nearly as enjoyable as I had hoped for."


Source: Planet-F1

No comments: