Saturday, August 28, 2010

Trulli hits out at di Grassi

Jarno Trulli hit out at Lucas di Grassi after missing out on the chance to make it through to Q2 in qualifying for the Belgian Grand Prix.

The pair collided in Q1 when rain started to fall and di Grassi suffered a spin in front of the Lotus driver, with di Grassi also seeing his qualifying session end as a result.

While Heikki Kovalainen was able to make it through to Q2, Trulli had to settle for the 18th quickest time and the Italian was frustrated at not being higher.

“I'm obviously disappointed that I didn't make it into Q2, but congratulations to Heikki and the team for putting in such a good performance,” he said. “It was a pretty crazy session, and it started badly for me when di Grassi lost his car - I was quicker than him, and I couldn't avoid going over him. If he had let me by in the first place when I was much quicker, then it wouldn't have happened.

“It's difficult in changeable conditions, everyone gets surprised, but we're still in a pretty good position tomorrow, so we'll do our best to reward the fans.”

Di Grassi himself was far from happy after he was the slowest driver to set a time during the session.

“A disappointing qualifying session for me because the conditions were perfect for our set-up,” he said. “On the first time lap Trulli hit me and the damage was so great we had to stop. Tomorrow looks like rain again so I'm looking forward to an interesting race.”

Di Grassi's Virgin team-mate Timo Glock – like Kovalainen – made it through to Q2 but was then hit with a five place grid penalty for impeding Sakon Yamamoto during the session.

Source: Crash

No comments: