Thursday, April 15, 2010

Vettel loses in Shanghai... at Ping Pong + Seb's diary


Seb’s first contest of the weekend was at table tennis, but he didn’t do very well.

Sebastian was comprehensively beaten by Li Qiang, a student at Shanghai’s sports university. The match was filmed by UK broadcaster the BBC and Seb only managed to take a single point.

He said afterwards: “I played at school when I was young, but here, in China this is like the national sport, so it’s no surprise I didn’t do too well.”

It’s not known if Li Qiang was prepared to take on Sebastian in a straight-line race.



Vettel's Diary Thursday: My Chinese Charm

In his first diary entry from Shanghai, China, Sebastian Vettel writes about his problematic journey, his first words in Chinese and his of-track sporting activities...


The weather here is - just like previous years - always changing. It's really cold and everyone I come across is wearing at least one jacket. I hope it’ll be warmer on Sunday, but I guess we'll have to wait and.

The first problem of the weekend wasn’t at the track, but on my journey to China: 20 seconds before our plane took off, the pilots discovered a problem with one engine. We had to return to the terminal and get into another plane. But there you go: it's better to discover a problem 20 seconds before take-off, than 20 seconds after it…

We really like the track in Shanghai. After all, this is where we won our first race. The country seems to be a bit of a lucky charm. My Chinese isn't fluent, but I can say 'Good morning', 'Thank you' and 'Goodbye'. Hopefully, I'll learn the word for 'Victory' pretty soon too.

I’ve already done some sports off-track. The BBC invited me to play table tennis against a pro. I didn't do great, but I was able to score one point. That one ball was just too fast for my opponent!

Sebastian

Source: Red Bull

No comments: