Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Alonso not worried by engine woes

Fernando Alonso is confident he will have a "reliable and strong engine" available for Spanish Grand Prix.

The double World Champion has already suffered a couple of engine failures so far this season with the latest coming during Friday practice in China.

However, the Spaniard insists the Ferrari engineers are working hard to fix the problems ahead of his home race at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona in a fortnight.

The problems with the engines? I'm not worried at all," he is quoted on the Ferrari website. "I know that the team is working hard to fix them and I'm convinced that I'll have a reliable and strong engine available, just as I know that they are giving it their all in Maranello to introduce several new solutions for the F10 for the Spanish Grand Prix."

Despite not reaching their potential so far this year, Alonso insists he is more than happy with the start Ferrari has made to the season.

"I wasn't happy with things Sunday night in Shanghai, but now, with a cool head, I can be really satisfied with this start of the season," he said.

"We didn't always gain what we could have according to our potential, but we're fighting for the title and this is what counts more than anything else, considering that in the last two years after four races it was already clear that I didn't have a chance."

Source: Planet-F1

No comments: