Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Kimi Räikkönen in Helsinki for DNA Event

RÄIKKÖNEN: I WASN'T THINKING WHAT OTHERS THOUGHT OF ME

Kimi Räikkönen still divides opinions on the F1-paddock.

Some couldn't take at all Räikkönen's cool way of taking things while some again felt really warm for Räikkönen both as a human being and as a driver. The Iceman didn't care what others did.

- I didn't think much about what others thought of me. And I didn't think of them.

- It worked for me although others wanted to think more. Everybody out there are their own persons, Räikkönen analysed the F1-drivers.

One who remembers Räikkönen with special warmth is Sauber's technical manager Willy Rampf.

- He was the best driver I have ever worked with. I still respect him very much, Rampf told in Autosport's interview a while ago.

- Rally is probably the same as F1 was about 20 years ago. They do things professionally in rally but the going is completely different, Räikkönen compared.

- Less people and a more relaxed grip in everything, he summed up.

Source: Ilta-Sanomat

No comments: