Sunday, April 25, 2010

SÉBASTIEN OGIER: "Kimi is a relaxed guy"

Exclusive interview by Marko Mäkinen/April 2010

This year Ogier got Kimi Räikkönen as his team mate. Ogier has only good things to say about the Finn. He met Räikkönen for the first time in Arctic Lapland Rally in Rovaniemi.

- Kimi is a relaxed guy. His public image is completely different if you ask me. They say that he is a man of few words but in our team Kimi discusses all the time with everybody. I think that you can see from Kimi that he enjoys his current situation. I also believe that Citroen as a team is the kind of family where Kimi enjoys himself much.

- I have rallied more than Kimi and I have more experience from rally than him so I have been able to give some small advice to him. Of course I know that he is a world champion in F1 so I'm sure I can also learn a lot from him.

Ogier says that Kimi's biggest problem to drive fast doesn't have anything to do with his driving skills, it has to do with his notes.

- The most important thing for Kimi is to make good notes from this season's races because that way driving in the future will be much more easier for him. Notes and making them is the hardest part.

- Like we have already seen, Kimi learns and his pace improves fast. If he gets his notes in order he will get closer to the top and the podiums with the same speed.

Ogies expects good performances from Kimi in the second half of the season especially from rallies on tarmac and from new rallies.

- Tarmas is a more familiar surface for Kimi but there too the most important thing is to get the notes to work. Without good notes you can't make it, no matter what the surface is.

Source: Vauhdin Maailma
Courtesy: Nicole

No comments: