Thursday, April 15, 2010

Kimi Räikkönen Press Conference in Rally of Turkey 2010

Welcome to the pre-event FIA press conference.



Q: Kimi, we are now on round four of the Championship, how are you enjoying your WRC experience so far?
KR: Yes. I mean, for sure it has been very challenging, I knew that before, so it’s not a big surprise. We will look for more points if we finish the races. I am learning all the time. It’s getting a little bit easier.

Q: You said at the start of the year this would be your biggest career challenge to date, is it proving to be?
KR: All of the time it changes, the surface, the stages, everything is coming at a similar level of difficulty. I have no idea for more or less [difficulty on] any rallies; it’s not one thing which is more difficult than others. I just have to drive.

Q: What about this rally?
KR: It’s a bit easier than the previous rally – very fast and quite rough in places. I guess that’s rally. I hope we can go well.

Q: Was Jordan the toughest?
KR: Yes. It was probably the most difficult thing so far, in that way this event looks slightly more easy.

Q: How are your pace notes progressing?
KR: It’s the same story as driving: I have to do every event with new notes, so I am learning all of the time. It gets easier, but for sure, there is still lots to learn. This is one of the most important parts of the weekend, it’s experience and more to learn.

Q: We passed the F1 track on the way to shakedown this morning. Do you miss F1?
KR: No. I don’t miss it. If I missed it I wouldn’t be here, I’d be there. This is something I chose for myself and I’m enjoying it.

QUESTIONS FROM THE FLOOR:

Fred Billet, Echappement, France

Q: Kimi, will you commit to the WRC for several seasons?
KR: Like I said before, I haven’t made my kind up for next year and I’m not in a hurry to decide. Like I said, so far, I enjoy the challenge. It’s going to be difficult to learn everything, but we are learning

Reiner Kuhn, Motorsport Aktuell, Germany

Q: Kimi, what do you think of the tactics?
KR: I don’t have to worry about those things, hopefully at the end of the year maybe I will have to worry about them! All the motor sport has those things, this is part of the game. You can make the rules, but there are many ways to go around the rules.

Full Press Conference: Here

Source: FIA.com
Courtesy: MomoD KROF

No comments: