Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kimi Jordan review in Finnish: THROUGH THE TOUGHEST WAY

If I were to use hockey-language then a monkey fell off my back when I crossed the finish line in Jordan rally. We finally did get there and it was cool that we opened our bag of points at the same time.

In icehockey Teemu and the gang say that the monkey is falling from the neck when they make a goal after a long time. Now I know myself what it feels like and also the relief after squeezing for a long time and getting the result you want, in this case getting to the finish line.

Kaitsu and I had good feelings on Saturday when we finished the rally without any own mistakes. It's the first step until we can set other goals.

Jordan was a hot place. But it was a surprise in itself that during the stages it was even 'cool' inside the car. The air changes well and while driving you don't even notice the heat. The sweat was flooding - but mainly only after the stages.

We drove my toughest rally and the longest SS that I have ever taken with a rallycar. 41,5 km twice. It was beforehand a stage where you were thinking 'does it ever stop'. But after the stage the feeling in the end was 'did it already stop'! Great stage!

This is a great job and when we reached this result you start of course waiting for better in the future. You really can't work on this alone. Kaitsu has taken care of the jobs with a 10. Thanks to him I have got so quickly into the rally-business. We both had good feelings when our third WRC-rally with this car fell into place like this.

The bosses looked like they were really satisfied with this race.

The car is strong. It's a winning car. I felt the whole weekend that I'm more and more used to the surface. I wait with a 10 to see how the next gravel rally goes. I'm sure that Jordan is a cool place but we have such a tight schedule during our trips that we don't have time to go to museums. But at least I had time to float in the Dead Sea. Quite an interesting experience. We left home right after the race.

Now it's a little rest and training. Next week we will go to Turkey and put a new worm to the hook again.

Courtesy: Nicole KROF

No comments: