Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lewis: I had a bit of a shocker

Lewis Hamilton feels he needs to "keep working hard" after a "shocking" performance saw him finish fifth at the Japanese GP

The 26-year-old started behind Sebastian Vettel and Jenson Button on the grid, but found himself P2 after getting ahead of team-mate Button at the first corner. While Button went on to win the race, Hamilton had to settle for P5.

His race strategy was compromised early on as he was forced to make a pit stop for a puncture while yet another coming together with Felipe Massa also didn't help.

Hamilton admits there's not much wrong with the car and concedes he needs to "find pace from somewhere".

"I had a bit of a shocking race to be honest - but Jenson [Button] did a fantastic job which is great for the team," he told BBC Sport after the race.

"Congratulations to Sebastian [Vettel] too - we knew it was coming but he's had a perfect season.

"Personally, I just need to keep my head up and keep working hard. I think we have a better car now - Jenson has just shown that with a remarkable race - but I just didn't have any grip, I need to find some pace from somewhere."

Source: Planet-F1

No comments: