Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hamilton: I’ve massive support from my family


It has been a tough couple of months for Lewis Hamilton where he has been the focal point of media at every race since his accident at during the Belgian Grand Prix, and in Korea recently the 2009 Formula 1 world championship hardly smiled all weekend long despite, in qualifying, single-handed breaking Red Bull’s stranglehold on pole position and the next day finishing second in the race.

After a torrid flurry of races Hamilton is now relaxing among his family and loved ones as the season permits a weekend away from a race track before the Indian GP weekend which gets underway on 28 October.

Away from the pressures of the F1 paddock, Hamilton revealed, “I am going to spend some time with my family in a couple of days, so I’m looking forward to that. I’ve had massive support from them over the weekend, with emails from my brother, my mum, and in particular my dad.”

“So yeah, all’s pretty sweet. I’m looking forward to getting back to the house. I’ve not been home in ages, so I can play some games, just be home, be home with my cars, I miss them,” admitted the McLaren driver.

Lewis acknowledged that his fans have been supportive during the tough times, “They have been fantastic, all around the world, even at the circuits. Regardless of how tough it’s been, they’ve stood by me. Everywhere I go, messages I get on Twitter, on my Facebook account and when I meet people, it’s very special.”

“I’ve been away for about a month now I think, a lot longer because I didn’t go back after Singapore,” said Hamilton. But we all experience the travelling, so it’s normal,” said the 26 year old.

Media speculation has been rife, reporting that his relationship with pop singer Nicole Scherzinger is on the rocks which Hamilton has not commented on.

McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh comment, “He says he is happy, and any other enquiry regarding his state of happiness should be directed to Lewis and not me. He’s had a lot of speculation about him and his private life, which he doesn’t want, and doesn’t welcome I’m sure.”

Source: YallaF1

No comments: