Thursday, October 6, 2011

I can offer more than Räikkonen says Barrichello

Rubens Barrichello: "I don't believe that anybody else, including Kimi, can offer anything more than I do"

Rubens Barrichello insists Kimi Räikkönen could not do a better job than him at Williams, amid rumours the 2007 world champion will replace him next season.

Raikkonen visited the Williams factory last month, sparking speculation that the team is on the lookout for a replacement for Barrichello. But the Brazilian, who is now in his second year at Williams, does not think anybody can match him as an all-round driver.

"I don't believe that anybody else, including Kimi, can offer anything more than I do," Barrichello was quoted by Autosport. "They already know what I can offer. Young drivers can have more money, but they can also have bad things happen on the first lap and all of that money goes away with crashes.

"In the end, Williams know how much enthusiasm I still have for this even though we are driving a car that is not competitive. They know how much I have put into this team and how much I want to get into next year. We just need to wait and see what they have to say at some point, which I hope is soon."

According to Autosport, Barrichello is willing to look for sponsor money if necessary, but said "I did not understand from the team that this is what is required". He also revealed that he has approached talks other teams.

"Sure, some other teams," he added. "I would love to drive a quick car and there are certain teams that would have that next year."


Source: ESPNF1

No comments: