Monday, July 25, 2011

Sebastian Vettel: My Movie Debut With Cars 2

Red Bull's very own Sebastian Vettel tells us about recording the voice for Sebastian Schnell in Disney/Pixar's latest animated adventure, Cars 2...

German-speaking fans of high-octane racing and slick animation are in for a treat with the recent release of Cars 2. While the English-speaking world have to make do with the dulcet tones of NASCAR's Jeff Gorvette, our German friends will bear witness to the movie debut of one Sebastian Vettel.

“It was very difficult to speak on cue, and it’s a bit strange learning the lines and then saying them," says Seb, also known as the voice of Sebastian Schnell.

In typically inventive style, Vettel came up with a clever way of beating a bad case of actor's block: "The most difficult aspect was having to laugh in a completely quiet room on demand," he says. "So I asked the producer to tell me a joke so I could laugh when it was required.

"I’m happy to see the result, but it’s a bit weird to hear my own voice. I didn’t have the most difficult role – I only had a few lines. The films are very cool and you’re never too old for Disney films."

Check out Seb's debut scene below...



Source: Red Bull

No comments: