Saturday, July 16, 2011

If I were Kimi by Leo Turrini


I also read, as well as some of you I think, of the possibilities on the web about a Kimi Raikkonen’s return to Formula One. The name of the last Ferrari world champion has been linked to Red Bull, the news was denied by the drink seller leaders, however, it is plausible that they shall talk back, never mind.

But if I were Kimi, I wouldn’t go back in F1. For no reason.

Let me explain.

Only a culturally insane environment like the modern motor-racing could decide to marginalize, at the end of 2009, a 'talent' like the Finnish driver. And see that I'm not referring to Ferrari. Ferrari has made its choice, you can agree or reject, but it’s normal that a team prefers X than Y.

What makes no sense, is that in a context not packed full of real champions, whatever some delirious incompetents say, Raikkonen has not found a suitable placement.

Here's an example with soccer, so we immediately understand each other. If the great Guardiola decides that Ibrahimovic broke his balls, Ibra won’t go to play squash. He goes to Milan FC. Then, all right, in the medium and long term the results will tell whether Guardiola was right or Ibrahimovic.

In F1, where the logic is subverted by other elements, Ibra-Kimi is not driving anymore for a top team and ouch, bye.

This is the introduction.

The sequel.

In Raikkonen’s shoes I would not go back, even with Red Bull, because at the speed of the changes in the post modern age, even two stop seasons can be too much. Technological evolution is hectic. You can still be good, as driving sensibility, but you should recover a practice that has changed dramatically in the meantime. The gap against Vettel (if you go to Red Bull) could be enormous. And it's not your fault.

In addition, there is a matter of motivation.

I am Kimi. The dream of a career I have crowned. I won the championship. And I won it in a way that millions of Ferrari fans (and not only the Ferrari ones) will never forget. Three drivers in a point at the end of the season. Unrepeatable I think.

Why should I do? I have nothing more to prove. Apart from the corrupts and the dumbs, no one can say that I am slower than Alonso, just to give you an example. They can say that I speak little or I don’t give direction to the work of the engineers, but given the results of the Ferrari 2010 and 2011 about this point there would also be to open a debate. In the Finnish language.

Finally, if I (Kimi) came back, a journalist I know would be forced to reveal the secret of that time in Dubai and this is not good..

Source: Quotidiano.net
Courtesy: _TaniaS_

No comments: