Saturday, July 16, 2011

Räikkönen: I could get to drive in many places if I wanted to

Räikkönen doesn't yet know what he will be doing next season. He says he has many options.

- It's great to get to drive on roads like these too. The roads are even and there aren't any bigger bumps, Räikkönen said during testing.

- Actually we have only had one day to test before each rally. So not very much but it hasn't bothered much.

When talking about Citroen:

- There's no difference. Same people and same scheme. The name is different and the car has a different color. Actually the car is more closer to a factory car than last year, now that they have new cars and classifications.

Räikkönen assures that the pace is getting better while he gets more experience.

- Of course experience is a big part. We have been driving for a year and something about 16 races. It's quite less than those who have drove for 10 years. No wonder that the top goes fast but we have been closing in on them all the time.

- The notes are also in a decisive role. You see it when the rallies you were in last year are much more easier now. We have notes ready that we can improve, Räikkönen tells.

Comeback in F1 is completely possible although Red Bull recently torpeded the rumour of Räikkönen going there. Räikkönen laughs at the writings.

- I have had a chance to do whatever I want. And if I would want to go back, I'm sure I could go back. We haven't yet decided over next year, if we even drive anywhere. There have been stories in the papers for as long as I have raced so I don't care about what they write.

Räikkönen keeps his future in secret. Or then he really doesn't know what he is going to do next season. Yet he assures that he has many doors open.

- Of course many things would have to happen in the right directions but I would get into quite many places to drive if I wanted to, Räikkönen says.

YLE Urheilu
Courtesy: Nicole

No comments: