Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Vettel: It's just the beginning

Newly-crowned World Champion Sebastian Vettel said on Tuesday his title "was just the beginning" and promised to be just as competitive with his Red Bull team next year

Vettel, 23, became the youngest ever Drivers' champion when he won in Abu Dhabi on Sunday, and says he still has plenty to offer.

"It's not as if I became World Champion overnight: it is a goal that I have pursued since I was a kid and when you reach it, it's a huge step forward," he said in Salzburg, Austria.

"But this title is not the end, things will continue.

"There are other reasons to stay motivated.

"People who know us can be assured that we will continue to be fully motivated for next season and we want to continue what we have accomplished this season."

Red Bull also won the Constructors' Championship and Vettel, the second German champ after seven-times winner Michael Schumacher, has big ideas for next season.

"The aim will be to defend both titles, Drivers and Constructors," he said.

"But all this is still far away and we still have to come back down to earth, take some time for ourselves and store up some energy during the winter.

"I want to enjoy what is happening now."

With Vettel now in high demand, the new World Champion will visit Red Bull's team base in Milton Keynes, England on Tuesday, then depart for Abu Dhabi for the first tests for next season.

"I can't wait to be back in my cockpit," he joked, "because then no one will be able to ask me questions and I can rest a bit."


Source: Planet-F1

No comments: