Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Vettel Diaries: 'Pressing the advantage'

Sebastian Vettel put his RB6 on pole position for the 10th time this season and will line up on Sunday with championship leader Fernando Alonso lining up directly behind him. But the young German hardly has time to catch his breath before he's engulfed by a pack of news hounds hungry for his every comment...

"It was really close today. At the start of qualifying we were weighing up whether to do one or two runs. We decided to go out once but for a long stint. In the end, the decision paid off and I'm very happy with the result.

We are the subject of intense scrutiny this weekend. We're not looking anywhere else either; we're just concentrating on our own performance. We really to get a good start tomorrow, give it our best shot and battle all the way to the chequered flag. I think the first lap is going to be more crucial than ever and I'll need to keep my concentration up for every second.

After all I still have an outside chance of becoming world champion – although I'm going to need luck to be on my side too. But as I've said many times before, I'm trying not to think about, because it'll only be a distraction. The most important thing is to make a good start and have a quick and reliable car. Everything else will work itself out over the course of the race.

I've got no time to stop and think anyway because we've got a packed schedule of interviews for the rest of the day and into the evening. After the media I'll be going to a team meeting to discuss what we did today and how we can improve our performance tomorrow. After that, I really need to get something to eat and go straight to bed so I'm fit for the big day."

Sebastian

Source: Red Bull

No comments: