Monday, November 29, 2010

The Vettel Diaries: ‘A truly perfect Saturday’

Sebastian Vettel reflects on an action-packed day that saw him thrill crowds in both Berlin and Dusseldorf...

Hi!

What an unbelievable Saturday. I had pictured the day in my mind, but once again, reality beat imagination. We rocked Berlin and Berlin rocked us, it was just incredible. Just the fact that so many fans came despite the freezing cold weather was proof of their support and how much they liked what we did through the season.

Personally, it was a dream come true yesterday. How often do you get the chance to drive towards the Brandenburg Gate in a Formula 1 car and leave your very own signature in rubber grit? There were moments where I wanted to ask someone if they could pinch me because everything felt so unreal. I think I will only believe it once I see all the pictures. It was just amazing.

I was also glad that Smudo (Fantastische Vier) and Chris Pfeiffer were supporting me once again after the show run in Heppenheim. They entertained the crowd and had so much fun themselves. What I probably enjoyed the most was running down the crowd, writing autographs and thanking the fans. Each and every one of them is responsible for me being where I am now.

So, Berlin itself was so great that I hardly wanted to leave. But in the evening there was the next big event, the Race of Champions Nation Cup, in which I teamed up with Michael Schumacher to defend our title.

After all it was a good decision to come back to Dusseldorf. Not only because Michael was able to beat the British in the last round, but because we were able to celebrate our fourth title in a row in front of our home crowd. The fans in the ESPRIT arena were just incredible and created a unique atmosphere. I really enjoyed it – it was a truly perfect Saturday.

Today we'll go in the individual rounds!

Cross your fingers for me!

Sebastian

Source: Red Bull

No comments: