Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Vettel Diaries: 'Abu Dhabi has special place in my heart'

Formula One World Champion Sebastian Vettel shares his first impressions of the sport’s new tyres and reveals his plans for the immediate future

Hi!

It really feels great to be back in Abu Dhabi. I know for sure that this place from now on will always have a very special place in my heart. Today we had the first opportunity to test the new tyres for the next season and I have to admit that it went better than I thought it would. They worked pretty well and made a good first impression.

Of course we are used to last season's tyres but I think that we really need to get involved with them. But I already got the feeling that the front tyre is a bit stronger than the back tyre. Before we can finally say which tyre was the best we really need to adapt our car to them and see how it works once it's done.

Despite the busy day, it was really nice to be back in the car and I look forward to tomorrow's test. It's the final time that we can collect data for the winter.

Just like last year, I will also compete in this year's "Race of Champions" and try to defend the nation cup and get better in the individual results. After all that we did in the last weeks, it will be a nice alternation and fun for sure.

But despite that, I really look forward to my time after Abu Dhabi, because I am finally able to fly home to Heppenheim. I can't tell you how much I look forward to see all these people who already gave me an unforgettable day as we drove through town with our show car. I hope that this Sunday will be as great as that day. Let's wait and see.

Talk to you soon!

Sebastian

Source: Red Bull

No comments: