Monday, November 15, 2010

The Vettel Diaries: 'I can't believe I'm World Champion'

The new Formula One champion – Sebastian Vettel – gathers his thoughts long enough to complete his final blog of the year

‘I don't have words to describe everything that I’m feeling right now. I’m so happy I could hug everyone that crosses my path. At the moment it's kinda hard to belive that all these things really happened today, but all in all, I'm just unbelievably proud.

Now I can reflect on the season, I can finally say that we took the right way and never let the negative events get us down. Whatever happened, we did our thing – and we had luck just when we needed it.

It wasn’t an easy race but I am pleased I was able to focus on running my own race. It just helps you to avoid distractions and making stupid mistakes.

As I passed the finish line I knew that I was leading, but I didn’t know if I’d done enough to win the title. One of my engineers said that it looked good, but we weren't sure. A few seconds later everyone started to scream and we knew we had it in the bag.

I want to use my final blog of the season to say thank you to all those who made this amazing day possible. The whole team, here in Abu Dhabi and at home in Milton Keynes in the UK... also the cleaning and cafeteria staff... you guys are unbelievable and amazing.

I couldn't have done this without you. I also want to thank my family, my friends and all the fans and people who rooted for me. I don't take any of you for granted. I can't thank you enough.

Things have to cool down a bit but I don’t think it will start to sink in until tomorrow. Right now, I'm off to party with the team, before heading to Salzburg, Austria, in the morning.

Have a good night and thank you!’

Sebastian

Source: Red Bull

No comments: