Monday, September 26, 2011

Singapore Grand Prix 2011: Vettel: 'I've got a point to make'

With just one point between him and a second consecutive F1 world champion, Sebastian Vettel is in the mood for a party as Red Bull Racing's dominance of the 2011 Formula One season brought him victory at the Singapore Grand Prix. Here's his latest blog...

by Sebastian Vettel, Sep 26, 2011

What a race, what a track, what a fabulous night! I know I never made a secret of how much I like Singapore, but after this night I like it even more.

We're unbelievably happy with our win and third place and even though we're not champions yet, we will still celebrate. I am very proud of the whole team, each and every one of them did an excellent job.

We always knew that the race tonight would be a tough one, but by the end it was also a very big challenge for every driver. After all we spend about two hours in the car, fighting for every inch, knowing that we weren't allowed to make just one tiny mistake.

The safety car phase added even more tension to the whole day and I am glad that we were able to handle the whole situation as well as we did.

Before I do the party I want to say a quick thank you to our amazing fans across the globe and assure them that we will continue to give our best in the future races to reach our final goal. Today wasn't enough for the title, but we still have a few points to win, now and for the seasons to come!

Talk to you from Japan!

Sebastian

Source: Red Bull

No comments: