Friday, September 9, 2011

Sebastian Vettel F1 Blog: Monza | 'Bella Italia'

Monza holds special memories for Sebastian Vettel even if it has not been a particularly happy hunting ground in recent years for Red Bull Racing...

by Sebastian Vettel, Sep 9, 2011

If I had to write down everything I love about Italy, this would be the longest blog ever! Fact is, I love nearly everything about this country. It has an amazing track, some beautiful surroundings and very nice people.

My Italian isn’t fluent, but I can handle small conversations, including the most important thing: ordering food!

Every time I return to Monza I relive my first victory back in 2008. It's great to have such a nice place linked to one of the most important events in my life and it's true that it feels almost like yesterday.

Maybe I feel like that because I haven't changed that much since then. I still know a lot of the guys from Toro Rosso and feel just like I did back then.

I would absolutely love to be on the top step on Sunday and I will do everything it takes to get there.

But it's not going to be easy. After all, Monza hasn't been our best circuit in the last two years. We'll have to wait until the first practice session to see where we are.

Talk to you tomorrow!

Seb

Source: Red Bull

No comments: