Friday, July 23, 2010

Vettel: Stuck with a rock in an awkward place

Friday's practice sessions at the German F1 Grand Prix were played out in the rain at Hockenheim today and several drivers found themselves heading off the track at high speed. Among them was Sebastian Vettel, but it hasn't dampened his enthusiasm for his home grand prix.

'What a day! The weather was pretty lousy as I discovered for myself when I was driving toward the motodrome, I ran a bit too wide on the left, caught a slippery patch and landed in the gravel. Nothing happend but I had to drive back to the garage before I could get all the stones out of the seat.

I really want to take a moment to thank all of the fans that showed up today despite the weather. I can't remember a Friday in Hockenheim where I saw that many people in the grandstands. Amazing!

Because of the weather, I can't say much about where we or our rivals are after practice. Both Ferraris looked really good and even though the McLarens had a hard time, we can't write them off.

We looked in good shape today, and I like this track, especially because I know it quite well. We're going to have work hard this weekend but I have a very good feeling, especially about tomorrow's qualifying.

All the best.'

Sebastian

Source: RedBull.com

No comments: