Saturday, July 24, 2010

Finland: Räikkönen is looking forward to his fans

The Rally Finland is for the climax of the season, Kimi Räikkönen - with Dani Sordo, the Star a new teammate in the junior team

Superstar Kimi Raikkonen is the second time after 2009 to attend the rally in Finland. Last year, however, its use car landed in a ditch. This season, the Formula 1 world champion from 2007 has arrived in the rally world. New Citroen's Dani Sordo junior team after Sebastien Ogier has been promoted to the captaincy.

After the asphalt-trip in Bulgaria is in Finland back on gravel. Nor Raikkonen is struggling in the unfamiliar terrain, but he was able to complete prior to further test miles. "Thanks to a test drive on gravel again we could see our speed. These meters are essential for a rally such as Finland," says the "Iceman".

"The experience from last year will help me, but there is a big difference in performance between a Super 2000 and a WRC. It is as if one would go to another rally. I look forward much to the event. In Formula 1 I could never compete on home soil. I know that many fans will be in the service areas and along the special stages. For me it is the highlight of the season. "

The team of Raikkonen came in preparation for a restructuring. From Finland Sordo Citroën is the second control of the junior teams. Nogier Manager Benoit said: "The task of our team is to give young riders the opportunity to develop their skills at a high level. We have achieved this goal with Ogier," says Nogier the victory in Portugal. "We hope that carries on Dani on the same level and can show his abilities."

Sordo can change abgewinnen positive: "I now feel less pressure. I do not have to constantly have in mind that I earn points for the constructors' championship has. I can now concentrate on me to drive my own rally and deliver hope the best performance .

In addition, the 27-year-old meets familiar faces. "When I started in the WRC with the Xsara, were already some people from the junior team here. This is linked with nice memories and we were able to show good performance, which led to my work commitment. The team is very professional and it There is a pleasant atmosphere. All the ingredients are in place to ensure success. "

The team change was made just before one of the toughest rallies of the year. "Finland is very tricky because it is very fast, many local drivers are very good. But I love the rally," said Sordo. "The high speeds have for each driver, very exciting. We must through the woods and over the tops of risk. You have a good pace notes and very precise driving."

"I know that I belong to a good team. Now I must make the best of it. I will as always give everything," looking ahead of the 27-year-old. "In the last two years, I have narrowly missed the podium in fourth. I want to show my skills and set consistent times."

Source: Motorsport Total.com
Courtesy: luieluv

No comments: