Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Whitmarsh: "People do not realize how smart is Kimi"

Martin Whitmarsh maintains Kimi Raikkonen for extremely underestimated and explains how close this really the year at McLaren comeback by scraping

Kimi Räikkönen had in Formula 1 is always a reputation as a thoroughbred racer. For legend Stirling Moss was the Finn even the fastest man in the premier class. But there are critics who have long-standing McLaren drivers hold for simple and it has no technical skills let alone the potential to be a team to lead attest.

Wrongly, as McLaren team boss and Räikkönen connoisseur Martin Whitmarsh over says 'Motor Sport': "I'm Kimi fan and have it never made a secret I think it is a underrated drivers - underrated in the sense that everyone knows. how incredibly fast it is, but I think people do not realize is how smart he and how good the technical feedback, is that he can deliver a team. "

The Briton believes that Räikkönen in F1 has not fully exploited its potential: "He has a World Cup win, but I think he would have achieved more. " Whitmarsh makes no secret of the fact that he protege in the previous year to McLaren retrieve wanted many years his: "There was the year before serious negotiations, which were opened by me always. I got it I received and was very much interested I am. Personally agree with Kimi well-come and it would have been an interesting challenge to get him back. "

But what the big comeback with McLaren failed? "Our negotiations were very advanced," said Whitmarsh. "Ultimately he has not come back because I suddenly realized that Jenson could be available. I have made him an offer and Jenson has accepted this challenge, surprisingly. I am very happy about it."

Source: Motorsport-total
Courtesy: luieluv

No comments: