Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Vettel Diaries: Everything went perfectly

Defending world champion Sebastian Vettel triumphs at the inaugural race of the 2011 Formula 1 season with a win at the Australian Grand Prix. Here's what he had to say:

Right now, I just couldn't be happier! Everything went perfectly – from the start until the final lap. It was simply amazing.

Of course it’s a good feeling to be ahead but that doesn't give you the right to lie back and relax. You need to stay focused and concentrated at all times since there are always things that can happen. The track in Melbourne, especially, is one where things can happen pretty quick and we also had the sun to contend with towards the end, which made it kind of hard to see everything perfectly. But in the end, we gave our best and were rewarded with the first win of this season.

I'm super happy and unbelievably proud of my team. They did an amazing job today and each and every one of them deserved today's win. I'm also really excited to get such a beautiful trophy, which displays the steering wheel of legendary F1 driver Jack Brabham. It will of course be placed in a very special spot back in the factory in Milton Keynes.

I also got another very special prize – a bottle of port with the picture of last year's winner on it. It's kind of funny to look at it and see Jenson [Button, McLaren] smiling back at me but that also makes me worry about how my picture will look like next year. I just hope they don't use a picture from the last few hours, as I look a bit messy!

Thank you for all for your support and all the best from Down Under!

Source: Red Bull

No comments: