Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Interview with Sebastian Vettel for La Stampa

"Rules for the show, you need the courage to say enough. Ferrari? With Alonso'd agree, but now i'm good at Red Bull "

Vettel, repeat as world champion how it feels?
"No one in particular. The number 1 on the machine does not make you go faster. "

Red Bull team to beat: confirmation?
"The test results are difficult to read: end of the day you see only the best of times, not knowing if your opponents are simulating a race or qualifying. For now we are very pleased with the reliability and performance. "

What is the best compliment he received?
"At the awards ceremony in Monte Carlo I collected the award from the Federation. I have called''world champion''. It was exciting. "

Alonso congratulated?
'No'.

Zero?
"In Abu Dhabi anything. A Monte Carlo shook my hand. It is normal: a win, others are disappointed and we need a little 'time to have it pass. To some it takes 5 minutes, others need two weeks. I have respect for other times. "

Of his future at Ferrari has talked a lot. And she certainly has not helped to soften the rumors.
"I have a contract with Red Bull this season and an option for 2012. Then you never know what can happen. Now I'm happy where I am. "

As if to imagine living with Alonso?
"In 2010 we had some problems. The event was judged by an outside perspective wrong: I Fernando and we spoke and since then the relations are good. Two people can respect each other despite having different ideas. "

A look at your fly we would say that F1 is more complicated.
"It's true. I once had a series of commands and it was your choice to use them or not. You are now required: no mobile wing or the KERS would be slower than my opponents. We come to care more machine than what happens on the track. It's a little 'how to drive by sending messages with the phone. "

A 300 per hour? What can happen if, say, can not find the button "send"?
"The main danger is the drivers that race because they pay, and not for merit. Obstacles are moving, unpredictable. The new rules do not help, because they distract us. It looks for the show, contact, overtaking. Perhaps at some point, you should have the courage to say enough, because the races are likely to be too dangerous. We must act we who are behind the wheel and risk our skin. "

A pilot can afford to be afraid?
"No, I can not. The F1 is my life: I can not ruin it for fear. The attitude is: I know that there is a risk, I do everything to reduce it, but simply do not consider him on the track. However, we pilots are not stupid and do not think we are immortal. "

The incident Kubica, however, is sobering.
'In this case you break a spell and return normal. Even in the concerns. The first thought is if you transmit as a man. Then, of course, I hope to come back on track. "

It makes sense to attend a rally and risk his career, as well as life ?
"We're riders, we love to run. We need the adrenaline. Some people find it in motion, who in the rally. "

You?
"Nothing that can be told in public! I get mad for any powered vehicle. I like the rally, especially in the snow. They're fun. And dangerous. "

Schumacher sets his heir. She considers him his mentor?
"Let's clarify: It's never been there to advise me''do this'',''you do this one.'' He was a champion who admired and is still a phenomenon from which to learn. "

We put it among the favorites of 2011?
"His speed is not discussed. Then depend on the car that will give the Mercedes. "

He is the strongest of all time?
"Statistically yes, then go to tastes in sport."

Last week's test. So far that idea has been done? Who could take away the title?
"Massa and Alonso are going strong. Then McLaren and Mercedes. Difficult to make a single name. "

I believe in God?
"Do not go to church, but believe it. There is a relationship between faith and what I do. It is as if I believe would bring luck and help me. "

Because his girlfriend Hannah in the following circuits?
"Do not you take a girl at work."

Ecclestone has offered the hand of one of the daughters, the son defines the ideal ...
"Bernie has a keen and a good sense of humor. Great character. "

Source: La Stampa.it

No comments: