Thursday, March 24, 2011

Vettel quiet after title win indulgence

A personal gift after winning the 2010 title

Sebastian Vettel has admitted he treated himself to a personal gift after winning the 2010 title.

"I won’t lie to you," he told a reporter for Germany’s Bild newspaper, after shearing a sheep at a farm outside Melbourne.

"Yes, I did."

But the 23-year-old Red Bull driver is not giving anything else away.

Asked mischievously if he bought a Ferrari, the German smiled: "No, not a car."

Bild added: "A plane?" Vettel: "All I can say is; I have it ordered but it hasn’t arrived yet. So you’ll have to work a bit harder."

Also this week, another champion Lewis Hamilton admitted he too has splashed out since becoming one of F1’s highest earners.

Asked by the Sun what his most expensive purchase has been, the Briton answered: "It’s got to be this diamond ring — it’s Bvlgari. It was ridiculously expensive.

"But the most expensive thing I have ever bought was for my girlfriend, I bought her a ring for our anniversary and that was frigging expensive,"

Source: Nextgen-auto

No comments: