Friday, February 26, 2010

Kimi: "Santander put money in so I would leave"

25/02/2010
Exclusive interview with Kimi Räikkönen to Autopista



Kimi Räikkönen caught up with Autopista during the course of Rally Sweden, where he spoke about his WRC premiere, and also hinted about his past in Formula 1, as for example the true motive behind his departure from Ferrari.

Finn Kimi Räikkönen caught up with our journalist Fernando Albes at the end of Rally Sweden, where the former Formula 1 world champion made his WRC debut. You will be able to read the full interview on the last issue of Autopista, issue 2.641, on sale now. Here we take a look at the juiciest quotes from a driver that speaks more than it seems...

Kimi, you've caused quite a stir in the rally world. Do you like the rallies better than Formula 1?

I think the repercussion is the same, I race in the rallies because I like it. I don't like it more than F1, I still like F1, but rallying is something I have always wanted to try.

How did you do in Sweden?

The snow is the hardest surface to drive on, because you can't see the driving lines, which could help you. There's still a lot to learn, but I'm getting experience with the car and with the notes, and little by little I'll begin to go faster.

Where is there more pression, here on in Formula 1?

The pression is the same for me, because it's the pressure I impose on myself.

They say you relate the arrival of Alonso in Ferrari to the money Santander put in so you left.

It wasn't me who put in the money, but Santander had something to do with it. But to me it doesn't matter.

Besides talking about more current events from the rally world in his interview, the same article offers a complete study on Räikkönen's performance in Sweden, comparing his pace with Dani Sordo's in his first ever Rally Sweden with a WRC in 2006. The results are surprising...

Source: Terra.es
Translation/adaptation from Spanish: Fran

No comments: