Sunday, February 14, 2010

KIMI ADMITS: I WILL MAKE STUPID MISTAKES IN THE FUTURE TOO

Räikkönen couldn't say what was the most diffcult in the opening race.

- I guess everything. I learned a lot of things and also made stupid mistakes. We lost the game when we didn't see anything and got stuck in the snowbank when driving in a walking speed. Then there were some spins today and we touched the snowbanks. I guess it's normal since the conditions were tricky. The main thing was that we improved a little all the time.

Did you learn anything else than how to use the shovel?

- I think I knew how to shovel before that already, Kimi laughed.

But I meant everything in general. When you haven't drove a rally like this you learn a lot. I should just learn as quickly as possible but because there always comes something new it will take it's own time. Let's just wait for a while.

Stupid mistakes bug me. I'm sure there will be more of them in the future but at least we got to the finish line. We will try to improve after this.
- I never had any big expectations. I knew this was going to be a difficult race but of course some things surprised me, for example how difficult some stages and conditions were. The situations come pretty quickly when you don't have the experience if there is for example deep tracks or much snow. Maybe it will get easier when we go on gravel.

- We will go testing to Mexico next week. I haven't drove one meter on sand with the car so that is also going to be a new experience. After this it's going to be easier to go there though, Kimi thought.

Source: MTV3
Courtesy: Nicole Planet F1

No comments: