Monday, August 1, 2011

Sebastian Vettel F1 Blog: Hungaroring | A well-deserved break

Formula One world champion, Sebastian Vettel, finished a wet and wild Hungarian Grand Prix in second place to ensure that he goes into the summer break with a commanding overall lead of 85 points in the driver's championship. Here are Seb's thoughts in his latest blog...

by Sebastian Vettel on Aug 1, 2011

Szia!

It wouldn't be accurate to say that we're satisfied with our second place, but I guess that it's okay in the end. It just bothers me to know that it could have been better.

The race itself was just unbelievably hard and the conditions didn't make it a lot easier, especially at the start. The first laps felt as if I was driving on ice, which was a bit hard to cope with. Luckily that got better towards the end of the race, but it still had an impact on our performance.

'The first laps felt as if I was driving on ice'

I guess the car hasn't reached its maximum right now and that is something we have to work on after our summer break. After all, we don't want to rely on our current points, but to continue to win as many races as possible!

Though I'm a bit sad that the next race is four weeks away, I know that every one of us needs this break right now. The team deserves to go home and relax to come back with even more energy and enthusiasm. I'll also get away for a few weeks and try to get some sun. After the last few weeks, I've definitely had enough of the non-stop rain.

But before I leave, I want to use my blog to send out a last big 'Thank you!' to everyone who has made this season so amazing. My team on the track and at home in the factory did a great job and also the fans blew me away wherever we were. So, thank you guys! I'll talk to you again from Belgium!

Seb

Source: Red Bull

No comments: