Saturday, August 27, 2011

Photos: Happy Birthday Mark Webber

Mark Webber celebrates his 35th birthday with a cake and members of the team at Belgian GP 2011

Before the third practice session (and the rain) Mark Webber was presented with a cake for his birthday so the media had the chance to quiz him about his day and his contract for next year.

Asked about passing the milestone, Mark said: “It’s a good day, and this is a sensational venue to celebrate my birthday, they come along every year, but I feel good for 35 and still going to go around next year – I’m looking forward to it.”

And his reasons for continuing to race were fairly self-explanatory… “I still think I’m driving well, the team’s performing at a very, very high level so that’s attractive and I’m looking forward to it. I enjoy racing against these guys at the front at this level; you’re at the top of your game and that’s the enjoyment of being a competitor, so looking forward to continuing.”

The final question concerned his place within the team. Presumably he was assured everything will be exactly the same as it always has been between him and Sebastian, both in the car and on track? “Everything’s absolutely fine there. You know I wouldn’t be super-happy if it wasn’t like that so yeah, it’s all good and that’s why I’ll be going again.”

Source: YallaF1

No comments: