Saturday, May 21, 2011

Webber: Today was my day

Mark Webber may have beaten Sebastian Vettel to pole in Spain but the Aussie says what he would rather have is the P1 on Sunday afternoon

Webber brought Vettel's run of pole positions to an end at Barcelona on Saturday, crossing the line with a 1:20.981, two-tenths up on his team-mate's best.

"It was a good session," said the Aussie, who climbed out of his car after topping Vettel's time as he realised that no-one else had the pace to beat him.

"We didn't underestimate the other guys, but Seb and I thought we would be battling for pole.

"I was just praying my time went above the number one (referring to Vettel) as I crossed the finishing line, and it did.

"It was a nice lap, a good battle with Seb, and today was my day."

And with the winner of the Spanish Grand Prix having been the driver starting from pole position on the last 10 occasions, Webber says he hopes "I can make it 11.

"I will relax tonight have a good sleep and come back tomorrow. I am looking forward to trying to get the victory tomorrow.

"If I am in this position tomorrow coming out of the last corner then I will be happy."

Source: Planet-F1

No comments: