Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hamilton apologies to Massa, Maldonado

Lewis Hamilton had apologised to Felipe Massa and Pastor Maldonado for remarks made following their accidents in Monaco

The McLaren driver had previously criticised the pair, calling his rivals "ridiculous" and adding that the duo closed the door on him when he felt he already had his nose in front.

However, the Briton has taken to Twitter to express his regret at the situation.

"To Massa and Maldonado, with the greatest respect I apologise if I offended you. Both of you are fantastic drivers who I regard highly," he wrote.

Hamilton also apologized to his fans and anyone who may have been offended by comments that he made, with an attempt at a joke made by the 26-year-old regarding being penalised for his skin colour garnering widespread criticism.

"Hey guys. I wanted to apologise for last weekend's performance and also my comments after, I never meant to offend no one," he said.

"To my fans lost and my fans won, I wish you nothing but love and happiness. God Bless you. Onwards and upwards, Montreal next. Lewis," he added.


Source: Planet-F1

No comments: