Saturday, May 21, 2011

Räikkönen: Never say never

After one million and one denials that he could return to F1, Kimi Räikkönen now says maybe he's not done with the sport

Kimi Räikkönen walked away from F1 at the end of the 2009 season after parting ways with Ferrari and failing to land a race-seat with a race-winning outfit.

The Finn instead turned his attention to the World Rally Championship while this weekend he made his NASCAR truck debut at the Charlotte Motor Speedway

But while Räikkönen is still trying his hand at various series around the world, the 2007 Formula One World Champ refused to say no to a possible F1 return.

"There were many reasons why I stopped (racing in F1)," he told Autosport.

"I always said that I don't know if it's going to be forever or not but after that I wasn't really missing Formula 1. I wanted to try other things and I had a perfect opportunity to go and do rally and learn that and now I have time to come here and see how NASCAR is.

"I'm happy how things are now but I never really have said that I'm never going to go back (to F1). Maybe I will never go, maybe I'll go, but only the future will tell.

"Like I said before I have no plans for next year. I never really had any plans for this year before January so it may get quite late to know exactly what I will do."


Source: Planet-F1

No comments: