Monday, December 27, 2010

ME AND KIMI

from Leo Turrini's blog, Domenicali was asked about Kimi

'It was me, during the 2009 season, to notify Räikkönen would not stay with us, although there was a contract. Me because it was up to me, it was my duty ... '

'Humanly speaking, I am sorry, I have always had an excellent relationship with him. And Kimi did not take it well, God forbid. He wanted to run again for Ferrari. But we did not have a fight and professional relationship has been exemplary, to the last day ... '

'I told him I had to change because we needed a pilot with different characteristics. Not at the wheel: in the relationship with the team, with engineers. Oh, I know many people who write on your blog does not believe me, but the problem was this did not work, the relationship between him and the technicians. The reason? Kimi speaks little. Help. It's his value. But it is also a flaw ...

' There is one thing that those outside don't understand. Räikkönen is a nice person, with a very particular approach to life. I'm not judging, among other things I have always found it amusing. But it is done in a certain way and he refuses to change, also rightly, from his point of view ... '

'We are still on good terms. And it is true that we talk on the phone and he tells me about his experiences in the rallies. Maybe he will go to Ford or maybe it is already past, I do not know. However, he is a guy who has not an obsession for Formula One and I would say that this is different from other drivers, maybe from all the others ... '

'I do not think he will return to Grand Prix races. The little interest as a dimension of life and I understand because I too do not feel like Dennis or Ecclestone, as you will see that at some point I will deal with something else, not wait for someone to invite me to move out ... '

'The Renault, before confirming Petrov, insisted much on Kimi. I know that he has always responded the same way: I do not care. And look what he did not refer much to the car itself. Räikkönen has taken of Formula One what he wanted, he got what he dreamed, he became world champion with Ferrari. The maximum, in my opinion. And also according to him ... '

Courtesy: Verena

No comments: