Sunday, December 26, 2010

Fernando Alonso not afraid if Sebastian Vettel joins Ferrari


Fernando Alonso reveals he has no problem if Sebastian Vettel joins Ferrari in the future.

Fernando Alonso, who was attending Carrera Solidaria Cajastur charity event while holidaying in Oviedo, said to journalists: "I’m not afraid of Vettel. If Sebastian comes to Ferrari one of these days there will be no problem."

New world champion Sebastian Vettel said last month to Bild am Sonntag: "No question, it is my wish and goal to drive for Ferrari one day."

Red Bull Racing has Sebastian Vettel under contract until the end of the 2011 season with an option for 2012. Adding fuel to the speculation were recent remarks by Ferrari boss Luca di Montezemolo that Vettel would "drive a red car one day."

Pushed for comment, two times F1 world champion said: "I do not have anything in particular to say on the matter, but I am not afraid of any teammate, because I have never been frightened. None of my teammates has ever won even a single point more than me, so I do not see why I should be frightened of anyone."

Fernando Alonso is upbeat about the prospects for next year: "I have no doubt about the fact that I will have precisely the car of my desires next season. Ferrari have to aim to win the World Championship because of the team’s historical prestige."


Source: Auto123

No comments: