Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Badoer: “An emotional day”


Bologna, 8 December – On the day dedicated to Ferrari at the Bologna Motor Show, Luca Badoer, who drove in the Scuderia’s traditional Formula 1 demonstration, for the fans of the marque, also took part in a special forum organised at the show by the Gazzetta dello Sport daily paper.

After visiting the Ferrari stand and taking the wheel of the F60 for the demonstration run in the competition arena, Badoer met over one hundred readers taking part in this unique event, clearly showing all the emotion he felt at the end of what was a very special day for him. “Even after so many years of doing it, driving a Formula 1 car here, so close to the spectators, so as to let them get a close up feel for the power of these cars is a feeling one never gets used to. Plus, today’s experience was more emotional than usual, because it is my last appearance in my role as official Ferrari test driver. The thing I will miss most is driving the Formula 1 car. I have never been one for the bright lights, as the one and only thing I wanted centred on my job of taking a car to its limits, working out where there was room for improvement. Although this is something I have missed for quite a while now, as testing has been cut back and there is not much for a test driver to do.” Asked if he had regrets, Luca replied: “the only regret is that I was only able to do two races.

The team had confidence in me at that time and that is something I will always be grateful for. Unfortunately, at the time, I had not been driving for ten months and found myself at the wheel of a car that was difficult to adapt to and so I could not show what I could do.” On the subject of the current two race drivers: “Alonso is a great champion, a driver who will be able to win a lot, especially because of his great ability to work closely with the team. Massa had a difficult season, but with fewer problems, he will return to being a great driver and I know him well enough to know that’s true.” To those who wanted to know who he would miss the most, Badoer would not single out one name. “There are so many, too many people, who have been with me on this long journey. It is the strength of Ferrari that I will always feel close to these people.”


Source: Ferrari.com

No comments: