Saturday, May 29, 2010

Schumi 'quite happy' with qualy

Michael Schumacher has no complaints with his Turkish qualifying, saying it was a "step forward" despite ending it in a spray of gravel

Schumacher will start Sunday's Turkish GP from fifth place on the grid, lining up behind the Red Bulls and McLarens.

However, more importantly, he's ahead of his team-mate Nico Rosberg after being his fellow German by less than a tenth of a second.

"I am quite happy with my qualifying today and I really think that we have made a step forward," Schumacher said.

"If you consider that this is a track which is aerodynamically demanding, you can clearly say the hard work of our guys paid off and I would really say thank you to them."

However, Schumacher's qualifying wasn't all smooth running as the German ended it beached in the gravel after going off at Turn Eight on his final lap.

"What happened in Turn Eight was that it was my last go, the fast lap before was a good one, so obviously you try to push even more, especially as on this lap you can win time. I went out a bit wide and off it went."

The German, though, still held onto fifth place on the grid, which means he has the advantage of starting on the clean side of the Istanbul track.

"In my view, the side I am starting from tomorrow is an advantage as it is much cleaner. I have tried practice starts from both sides and felt my side was the better one.

"As for tomorrow's race, I will certainly try to have a good start and try to achieve the best result possible."

Source: Planet-F1

No comments: