Sunday, April 24, 2011

Robert Kubica released from hospital at last


Robert Kubica has been discharged from hospital in Italy where he has been recovering for the past two months – 76 days to be exact – after his horror accident in the Ronde di Andora Rally in Italy.

IVG.it reported that an official announcement was made late Saturday night regarding Kubica’s discharge, “Robert Kubica is no longer the Hospital Santa Corona in Pietra Ligure.”

The Renault F1 driver had several operations since the accident, enjoying a rapid and remarkable recovery according to doctors.

The statement added, “His condition is good and the [F1] driver will begin a new phase of rehabilitation outside of the ‘hospital. Appointments are expected with the doctors who have treated and will continue to monitor the driver.”

Last week Kubica, speaking in an official capacity for the first time, said, “I am starting to feel a lot better now. My recovery is moving in the right direction: my strength and weight are increasing day on day and as a result I will leave the Santa Corona hospital very soon.”

He added, “As soon as I leave hospital, I’ll head to my home in Monaco for a short period of rest. Then I’ll move to Dr Ceccarelli‘s facilities in Italy where I will start a deep rehabilitation program and a preliminary soft training programme. The two programmes will gradually cross over based on the speed of my recovery.”

Kubica last drove a Formula 1 car on 3 February, on the final day of testing in Valencia, where he ended the fastest of all in the Renault R31.

A couple of days later, during the minor rally in Italy, he suffered the career altering accident.

Source: YallaF1

No comments: