Friday, February 25, 2011

Vettel: Schumi can finish second to my first

Sebastian Vettel says compatriot Michael Schumacher is still his role model and has backed the Formula One legend to return to form this season

"I always see him as a role model and I think he is capable of achieving something big this season," the reigning World Champion told German motoring magazine ADAC Motorwelt.

"I hope that it will not be too big, if he is second in the 2011 Championship, that would be okay for me," he joked.

Schumacher returned to Formula One racing in 2010 after a three-year hiatus which followed his seven World title victories.

He finished a disappointing ninth in last season's Drivers' Championship racing for Mercedes GP.

Schumacher turned 42 in January and told the magazine he is feeling "rather good" with the new season, which is set to start with the Australian GP on March 27.

"This season, I think we can claim for the podium and why not some grand prix wins," said Schumacher.

"But talk of the World title is still unrealistic."

Source: Planet-F1

No comments: